Friday, November 14, 2008

What are you living for?

So for as long as i have been here God is truly teaching me the exciting things about how to be a true follower of Christ. Since I've been here i feel as though i have broken through the big problems in my walk and now I'm on to tackling that small things, and i am finding it's harder. Because the big things acted like a brick wall, blinding me from a light the would guide me down a completely different path. And i just took a really big hammer and knocked it down. Those big problems made the small problems seem like no problem at all. But really the small things in life define who you really are, ive found it doesnt matter if you've killed a man, woken up drunk, slapped your girlfriend, or slit your wrist, what matters is how you treat others, and how strong your personal relationship with God is, most people will love you for who you are not what you have done.

But then that leads to the comment. No leah people wont always love you for the good things you've done, most the time people hold onto the bad things.

And that leads to forgiveness. To be honest i have had people do some pretty crappy things to me in my life, people who i loved and put my whole heart into. And here comes the honest part...I never found it hard to forgive them. I never found it hard to forgive them because I have the love of God in me, and the Holy Spirit to guide me. I hope im not sounding self righteous but its the truth i have never found it hard to forgive anyone in my life, even after i had been cheated, backstabbed, deceived, and bruised. And i find that if people wont forgive you for what you've done, pray for them because Jesus has already forgotten. Go to a church where people love you and respect you, a place called home for a lot of people. There will always be people who will accept you for who you truly are, you may have to seek them out though and get out of that zone you have been sitting in all your life.

Now back to what God has been teaching me.
HUMBLENESS 
All my life people have scene me as innocent leah. The pastors kid who doesn't normally do anything wrong! HA! they obviously haven't done enough research. But thats not the point the point is selfishness, back at home i didn't realize how much i liked those stereotypical thoughts of me. But i was convicted, God revealed to me that i needed to work a little more on the inside, i may look good on the outside but he said "I want more of you" :) I always want more of Jesus. I learn more and more everyday that Jesus will rewarded you for the person He knows not the person everyone else knows. I find comfort in that and also struggle. So i dont have to take every chance for people to see what a Godly women i am. Sometimes speaking your NOBLE opinion in class or calling every person out on there sin is not the right thing to do. A lot of us do these things. It disgusts me sometimes to see people competing for the HOLIEST CHRISTIAN award.
The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom,
and humility comes before honor.
Proverbs 15:33

No comments: