Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tragedy

So here I am Lord, Broken beyond belief.
I wonder at this moment how i have arrived.
Although he was a thief.
I still pray, hope and know he will succeed. 

You brought me words,
Words i did not know the meaning of.
The day came once again like a stabbing of a sword.
And those words brought me through.

Faithful doesnt give justice,
Love doesnt even explain,
Hope isnt even the feeling,
Because you are beyond all those words.

I saw the smoke in the distance,
but I chose to turn away and help the past.
That signal was my lifeline,
Until i answered i was only dead.

How would one that is already dead bring life to the ceased?
I became a fool lost the ways of a lifeless child.
I forgot how to decrease.
So you can increase.

While i was dead and without peace,
You were speaking.
I could not grasp them,
Although i was reaching.

Now you have restored my vision.
My life has just begun.
Tragedy has brought me joy.
And salvation is my gun.

Dance has sprung in my feet again.
You O'Lord keep my heart.
Safe from any harm.
So lets go back to the start.


1 comment:

Emily said...

you are stronger than I will ever be