Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I long to be in control...

I will not find joy in circumstances but in the Lord.

Even when faith is little, hope has run drive and love seems rare, my heart remains sustained in the Lord. Easy to say but hard to achieve.  We have all had our share of hard times, but in those hard times have we taken advantage of the fact that in Him we are safe and secure? Jesus longs for us to allow him to fight for us. We seem to fight little battles everyday but we forget that Jesus already won the war by dying on the cross and sending the Holy Spirit. 
My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak. I feel like what holds me back from letting all my struggles go is the longing to be in control. I long to be in control of my thoughts, relationships, and everything i do and want, i try so hard to control everything, but really i have never and wont ever have control. The only one who can control anything is God. When we lay down our hurts, desire, self pity order begins to come in our lives and peace drives us and hope is flourished. 

So lets step off that throne and give it to the one who treats us right and that is Jesus Christ the lover of our deepest soul. 

3 comments:

Emily said...

"like"

Tess-timony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tess-timony said...

amen sister. true dat!