Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I once thought...

I’m trying to follow
I’m trying my best to do what you said
But what about tomorrow 
Are you sure I’m not in over my head 

Everything is changing all around me
Is this the ending of a dream
I thought I was doing what you wanted
It isn’t as easy as it seemed

I’m losing my vision 
I’m fighting the doubting with all that I am
It’s been awhile since you last gave me something 
To go on
Tell me it’s not the end

It seemed like I did everything right 
Now I see that it’s all wrong
Do you want me to move on
Can you tell me where I belong

This life is not mine
It seemed to spin out out of control
Once i took the reins
My vision became blurred

Dont let my eyes get used to darkness
I see the light
Dont let your heart get used to sadness
i will put my hope in what is true.

No matter what the tied pulls 
It will not shake this love
I am drowning in a love so deep
How can i be distracted?

So Lord right now...
Take my selfish desires
Take what is not of your will
I am laying them on the ground

Jesus Save me
From a life so confusing
To a life full of your love.
Strip me.

I want to be naked before You and not feel shame.
I feel so ashamed now
but this is how its supposed to be.
Cover me.

You know my heart Lord
Thoughts of others do not count
You will protect me and you will love me.
In your arms i will remain.

No comments: